Table Of Contents
- Shopify Monthly Cost: The Best Way To Calculate It (In 2021)
- 1. Basic Shopify Monthly Cost + Transaction Fees:
- 2. Shopify Monthly Cost: Pay Less, Sell More
- 3. Shopify Monthly Cost: The Advanced Shopify Plan
- 4. Shopify Monthly Cost: Features and Price Table
- 5. Shopify Monthly Cost: What Is Shopify Lite?
- 6. Shopify Monthly Cost: What Is Shopify Plus?
- 7. 14 Days FREE Trial. No Credit Card Is Required
- 8. Great Themes For Your Shopify Store
- 9. Breathtaking Apps You Should Consider When You Calculate Shopify Monthly Cost
- 10. The Best Free & Paid Apps For Print On Demand Items
- 11. Manage Your Business With The Shopify App For FREE
- 10. Great Shopify Community (FREE)
- 11. Conclusion
Shopify Monthly Cost: The Best Way To Calculate It (In 2021)
Shopify is one of the most popular and reputable companies when it comes to handling online retail sales and is the best eCommerce platform. Shopify monthly cost and price calculation can be a little tricky, but there are helpful ways to calculate the cost.
Even though the average cost of starting an eCommerce business can be high, you can check out our cost-per-month calculation to see what kind of price you can expect, but first, you need to analyze your goals and budget.
The most important thing to keep in mind is the amount of money you can invest in your startup. If you want to sell products online, you must also be ready to make a substantial investment unless you can drop ship products from other companies.
Once you set your business goals and analyze your budget by getting estimated monthly costs, you are ready to choose the right Shopify plan for you.
The mission of this article will be to get the most from Shopify, showing you the differences in pricing plans and helping you save more if you are starting or even if you have an already established eCommerce website.
IMPORTANT: Before we start, keep in mind that if you use the “Shopify Payments” feature that Shopify offers, you don’t need to pay fees for each transaction as shown in the calculation below.
These fees calculated are based on someone who will use payment methods other than Shopify payments.
1. Basic Shopify Monthly Cost + Transaction Fees:
Shopify plans range, starts from $29.00 to $299.00 per month.
First, you will need to calculate your fixed costs. For example, if you plan on purchasing the cheapest plan called “Basic Shopify”, the cost is $29.00 per month and it includes unlimited products, orders, and visitors to your store.
However, if you want additional features, the Shopify monthly cost will go up (See later the table below with all the included features).
Despite the Shopify monthly cost, you need to include transaction fees, pay an additional 2% for each transaction to Shopify, and around 3% for online credit card rates and Paypal percentages. Like I said before, only if you don’t use the “Shopify Payment” feature.
For example, if you sell in one month 20 products for $25.00 each, you’ll need to pay at the end of the month $10.00 (2%) for those transactions, plus more or less $15.00 for credit card rates and Paypal fees, plus $29.00 per month to Shopify. A total of $54 per month.
The 3% for online credit card rates is unavoidable no matter which eCommerce platforms you want to use. (In the table below, you can check how much you’ll need to pay if you use the Shopify Payments feature).
2. Shopify Monthly Cost: Pay Less, Sell More
The next option is the $79.00 plan called “Shopify” and includes unlimited products, orders, and visitors to your store as well. If you need additional features, the Shopify monthly cost will go up. (See later the table below with all the included features).
If you sell a good number of products, it may be a great option to get this midsize solution, even if the Shopify monthly cost will be more expensive. In the long run, you’ll pay less while selling more and obtain better features.
For example, if you sell in one month 300 products for $25.00 each, you’ll need to pay at the end of the month $75.00 (1%) fee for those transactions, plus more or less $150.00 (3%) fee for credit card rates and Paypal fees, plus $79.00 per month to Shopify. A total of $304 per month.
The Shopify monthly cost will go up, but you’ll sell more. If you can sell 300 products in one month for $25.00 each and have the basic plan, you’ll need to pay a lot more with fewer features in your current plan.
Why? Because you’ll pay 2% for each transaction, which means that you’ll need to pay at the end of the month $150.00 (2%) fee for those transactions, plus more or less $150.00 (3%) fee for credit card rates and Paypal fees, plus $29.00 per month for Shopify (with fewer features). A total of $329 per month.
3. Shopify Monthly Cost: The Advanced Shopify Plan
The final plan called “Advanced Shopify” is a lot more expensive. The Shopify monthly cost is $299.00 per month. It includes unlimited products, orders, and visitors to your store.
The same rule applies to this plan: It comes with additional features that you don’t have in the cheaper plans (See later the table below with all the included features). Your Shopify monthly costs will go up.
The same philosophy applies to the “Advanced Shopify Plan”.
For example, if you choose the “Shopify” plan for $79 per month, and you sell in one month 2000 products for $25.00 each, you’ll need to pay at the end of the month $500.00 (1%) fee for those transactions, plus more or less $1500.00 (3%) fee for credit card rates and Paypal fees, plus $79.00 per month to Shopify. A total of $2079 per month.
if you choose the “Advanced Shopify” plan for $299 per month, and you sell in one month 2000 products for $25.00 each, you’ll need to pay at the end of the month $250.00 (0.5%) fee for those transactions, plus more or less $1500.00 (3%) fee for credit card rates and Paypal fees, plus $299.00 per month to Shopify. a total of $2049 per month.
4. Shopify Monthly Cost: Features and Price Table
Basic Shopify $29.00 USD/month
Shopify $79.00 USD/month
Advanced Shopify $299 USD/month
Includes one ecommerce store & one blog.
up to 4
up to 5
up to 8
Abandoned cart module
Third-party shipping rates
up to 77%
up to 88%
up to 88%
USPS Priority Mail Cubic® pricing
Online credit card rates with Shopify Payments
2.9% + 30¢ USD
2.6% + 30¢ USD
2.4% + 30¢ USD
In-person credit card rates with Shopify Payments
Transaction rates if you don't use Shopify Payments
Shopify POS Lite
Shopify POS Pro
Sell in 133 currencies
Sell in multiple languages
up to 5
up to 5
up to 5
International pricing (per variant pricing)
14 Days Free Trial!
5. Shopify Monthly Cost: What Is Shopify Lite?
Shopify Lite is a new plan offered by Shopify. You can turn any website or blog into a money-making machine in just a few minutes by using Shopify’s buy buttons and accept credit cards and Paypal. Of course, the Shopify cost per month is lower.
I decided to try Shopify Lite. I was able to install it in less than 10 minutes. When you install the Lite version, you get a free “Buy Button” with every theme that you own installed on your site.
You can even sell your products in person by turning your mobile device (IOS or Android) into a point of sale. You’ll be able to create invoices and send them to your customers.
You also receive access to sales reports and all this for a Shopify monthly cost of $9.00. A low cost compared to the traditional plans. If you have a website and are interested in selling your products online and offline, this could be a great option.
6. Shopify Monthly Cost: What Is Shopify Plus?
- All the power you need to tackle your business, without the weight and cost of antiquated enterprise software.
- An 18% higher conversion and 60% faster checkout. You can customize the checkout experience too.
- Offer exclusive discounts and the best shipping rates for your customers.
- Revolutionize the way your customers shop by including localized shopping experiences. Choose currencies and languages for BTB and DTC.
- Step up to the game with advanced AR, video, and 3D media capabilities for products on your page.
- Never lose a single sale. They guarantee 99.99% uptime means that the service will be, always available.
This platform comes with dedicated customer support staff and the availability of enterprise tools and advanced reporting capabilities.
7. 14 Days FREE Trial. No Credit Card Is Required
There is no Shopify cost per month. You have nothing to lose. Take a 14-day free trial of Shopify. You will pay nothing. You have to pay just in case you like the system and want to keep using it. You can design your store and pay later. Try it now!
8. Great Themes For Your Shopify Store
Themes are the part of Shopify that creates a visual identity for your online store, with no coding skills required. The themes designed by Shopify are free. You can choose some good themes.
If you want to convert more visitors into customers, we recommend the following themes. These themes are very fast and optimized to get the maximum from your store:
- Konversion Theme: It is one of the fastest, most optimized, and flexible themes for Shopify stores.
- Debutify Theme: It is also one of the fastest, most optimized, and flexible themes for Shopify stores. Great for Print On Demand.
9. Breathtaking Apps You Should Consider When You Calculate Shopify Monthly Cost
Shopify has an app store with thousands of apps that will help you enhance your store’s potential, but if you go wrong, you can throw your money away. The pricing strategy is the same. It should be considered in your Shopify monthly cost, depending on how much you are selling in your store.
The app creator will charge you a monthly fee. You should consider these expenses as well when starting your eCommerce journey with Shopify.
Like I said before, the mission of this article is to save more by using Shopify. That’s why we recommend some apps to our customers and readers we usually use that will cost you some money along with the basic Shopify monthly costs.
Here is an app list that will help you manage your Shopify store while enhancing customer experience and increasing conversions and monthly revenue:
- AppSumo (FREE) – Many of the tools we use have a significant monthly cost. That is why it is possible to find similar tools with lifetime deals on AppSummo at a fraction of the cost.
- Justuno Pop-Ups & Upsell Tools (FREE to install) – Increase your subscriber list and conversion rates with pop-ups, exit offers, countdown timers, the wheel spins to win discounts, AI-powered promotions, and more.
- Klaviyo(Free To Start): Email Marketing & SMS (FREE to Start) – Sell more with email sequences, abandoned carts sequence, SMS marketing, and more. Create these custom sequences using virtually any trigger.
- ReConvert Upsell & Cross-Sell (FREE to Start) – Easily design the order status page. No technical knowledge is required. Customize your thank you page with a simple drag and drop interface. Increase your income with sales after the first purchase and cross-sell, collect customer birthdays, surveys, etc.
- Freshdesk (FREE to Start) – Communicate with your customers through a help desk for free.
- FreshChat (FREE to Start) – Communicate with your clients through a chat in a professional way.
- Flexify (FREE): Facebook Product Feed – Synchronize your Shopify products with a Facebook catalog page and create dynamic product ads (DPA).
- SPOCKET (FREE to Start) – This platform provides you with dropshipping products at great prices with suppliers in the USA, Europe, and other countries. Add the product to your store and start selling.
- Image Optimizer + Compression (FREE to Start) – Speed up the loading time of your store with automatic image compression. Very easy to use. Smaller image sizes equate to faster page load times that bring more conversions.
- Aftership Track & Notify (FREE to Start) – Obtain automatic updates of the status of your customer’s orders. Send your customers a tracking page under your store domain without having to answer emails or tickets asking where is my order?. It also supports ePacket (China EMS, China Post) tracking and Aliexpress standard tracking. It integrates seamlessly with Klaviyo.
- Loox (Start from $9.99) Send emails asking customers for product reviews. Offer discounts for submitting photo reviews. Loox is our preferred review app and will bring more sales to your store.
- Oberlo (FREE) – Automatically add products to your store from Aliexpress. You will also be able to place orders on Aliexpress in a semi-automated way.
- Bold Multi‑Currency (FREE) – It is a currency converter. Automatically detects the location of customers and displays your prices in their local currency.
- Omega Instant Search (FREE) – The Omega search engine returns the exact product that your customer wants to buy. The search module is superior to the traditional Shopify search engine.
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications (FREE to Start) – Avoid abandonment carts through push notifications to increase sales. Send push notification campaigns to bring visitors back to your store and sell more products.
- Unlimited Smart Upsell Offers by Revy Apps (Starts At $19.49/month) ‑ Offer smart 1-Click upsells and cross-sells. It’s a great option to increase the AOV of your customers (Average Order Value).
10. The Best Free & Paid Apps For Print On Demand Items
Here is a sensational app list that will help you sell print on demand products in your Shopify store and lower down your Shopify monthly costs:
- Pillow Profits Fulfillment (Platinium Membership $30 per month) – Sell the most popular products in minutes with great margins. Custom boots, bedding sets, car seat covers, blankets, and much more,
- CustomCat Print on Demand (FREE) – More than 550 products! T-shirts, hoodies, mugs, canvases, blankets, and more. Print-on-demand compliance with DTG, embroidery, and dye-sublimation.
- Printful Print‑on‑Demand (FREE) – Choose from over 230 products, from clothing and accessories to home decor.
- Printify Print on Demand (FREE) – Over 250 Custom Products Use our mockup generator to create custom t-shirts, hoodies, mugs, bags, home decorations, shoes, accessories, and other products.
- Teelaunch Print on Demand (FREE) – With new production facilities located in various countries around the world, you can sell from anywhere to anywhere. A simple application to create products quickly.
- ShineOn (FREE) – It has unique and creative products. Designs come from talented artists and are lovingly produced, assembled, and shipped by mothers at our factory in New Jersey, USA.
11. Manage Your Business With The Shopify App For FREE
No matter the plan you chose or how much is your Shopify monthly cost. Shopify has an app that allows you to manage your entire eCommerce business. It’s available for both IOS and Android and is incredibly easy to use.
The Shopify app is a helpful tool for business people. It has the potential to help you manage your business from any location around the world.
It offers you:
• Managing and updating your products
• Customer management
• Updating store information
• Setting up a point of sale (POS)
• Running reports
If you are always on the go, mobile management could be the next best thing. You can take care of your business from anywhere, so long as you have your phone with you.
10. Great Shopify Community (FREE)
The Shopify monthly costs include your participation in their Shopify Community.
Shopify has one of the largest Shopify communities with almost 900,000 members and counting and more than one million posts!
Everyone is there to help you learn, share and grow your online store and business. The goal of this community is to help you become a successful entrepreneur by teaching you new skills, helping you solve problems, and guiding you along the way.
In this article, you’ve learned about how to calculate Shopify monthly costs the right way and pick the right plan for you to do online transactions.
We’ve found 17 awesome apps that’ll help you get your business going on Shopify and help you grow it into a thriving online store! Apps such as these will increase your conversions, AOV (Average Order Value) and keep your customers very happy.
We’ve shown you the best 6 print-on-demand apps so you can start a real eCommerce business.
As we already said, you have nothing to lose. Take the 14-day free trial (no credit card needed). And if you want to keep using it, you need to pay. You can design your store first and then decide if you pay later.